Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Picture Day!


I think this is the female Rufous Hummingbird. I don't see her as often; it is usually the male which you will see flashing by in the next photo chasing away the second variety which can't hang out long enough for me to determine what kind it is let alone get a picture of him. All I know is that he is green and has a darker head. The male Rufous really has that flaming red/orange throat. Very bright.

I also managed a couple pictures of the miss-mash of containers on my deck last night while the kids and D were out playing. See what I mean? Miss-Mash! There are dahlia bulbs in the black containers near the herbs. They were gifted to us, and we don't know what colors they are.












Also, I snapped one of the perennial bed by the front door. It is pretty sad. Must be in need of some 'miricle grow' or something. However, on a happier note, the gladiolous by the back deck stairs are multiplying nicely! Maybe they will make up for the miss-mash of containers above them!


No comments: