Saturday, June 21, 2008

Aaah! Books everywhere!

Ok, so I have been trying to "read more" lately, both in the Bible and other books. Unfortunately I can't finish one book before another shows up in my life! (And I am getting behind in my Bible reading schedule I set for myself...)


I have the one book I am reading that is borrowed from a friend, it would be nice to give it back shortly, but these library holds keep coming in and they seem to have a more pressing deadline so the other gets put on hold.


Now, to top it all off, I joined my churches summer "book club" where we are reading Finding the Calm in the Chaos. I couldn't not go, I mean, look at my life. Yes, I have contentment, but not necessarily calm!!! ;-) So, now here I am reading this book.


Of course two of my library hold books just came in, one a couple days after the other. The first being that Financial Peace Revisited, which is great so far. The second being The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. How ironic. I wonder if I should drop everything and read the effective people one!?

Or maybe just drop them all and go back to the Bible until I can get that back on a daily track.

No comments: