Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Strawberries

Well, we are heading out to Bells Strawberry Farm today with the local MOPS group. Yes, I'm bringing all three kids - we shall see how this goes! (These kids better enjoy this effort!!) I think I will have lil' D walk since we only have a rickety umbrella stroller or a double jogging stroller - the double I don't see fitting down the rows and the umbrella would get stuck in the dirt for sure.

Yeah, I'm not planning on them "picking" too many berries - and I'm not planning on picking any while watching lil' D - but it might be fun for them to see the plants and once they see the other kids doing it, they should get the idea. I think I will have them bring their Halloween buckets - lightweight and easy to carry. Oh, I need to bring something to put the berries in, right? See, I don't do this very often, the actual picking part. I haven't gotten to the enjoyment part of standing in a hot, too sunny, dirty field, trying to pick only ripe berries while simultaneously watching the kiddos step on and mash berries, fall down in the dirt, and listen to them scream about bugs at the same time. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for the enjoyment of the kids, and I'm sure on a nice cool morning, by myself, berry picking would be fairly satisfying. I just try for the least stress possible, and I'm not sure berry picking with the kids is it.

I'll let you know how it goes! I'll try to bring the camera and see if I can get a few shots.

1 comment:

Our growing family said...

can't wait to hear how they did! I hope it wasn't too stressful!