We are back at Children's Hospital.
Once on Friday and twice yesterday Baby Mighty Mouse had two more episodes of not breathing. After calling the pediatrician's emergency line, we drove an hour and a half back to Children's. We were admitted to the ER and then put on the medical floor within a couple hours.
He has now had the episodes three times today and has been seen by the pediatric attendee and two neurosurgeons all who feel that these "episodes" are in fact seizure related (not heart or reflux related as first thought). There will be an MRI and an EEG tomorrow to gain more info... At this time he is having an "LP" (lumbar puncture) to understand if it is an infection of the spinal fluid. He will be started on an IV antibiotic soon just in case of infection and has also been given a "loading dose" of phenobarbitol (sp??) to try to stop the seizing. He may need two doses before it starts to work and during this time of adjusting he will be very sleepy. I am praying that I will be able to continue nursing during this time and not have to pump, but we will see how it goes.
We will be here in Seattle until at least Tuesday until more results get determined. As of right now we are in a holding pattern.